Outsourcing Workshop in ATL May 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notes from A view From the PM's Dugout & Outsourcing Your Traffic Syndication System

Go down

Notes from A view From the PM's Dugout & Outsourcing Your Traffic Syndication System Empty Notes from A view From the PM's Dugout & Outsourcing Your Traffic Syndication System

Post  phantomcto Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:36 pm

Session Notes from: A view From the Project Managers Dugout and Outsourcing Your Traffic Syndication System

--Good sites for hiring ppl
Craigslist.com
*Title: FULL TIME VIRTUAL ASSISTANT WANTED
*Post jobs in phil
*Services, computer and post a job
*Use googledocs to fill out time sheet and reporting form
*have project list so you can track work
*have them send email summary sheet telling what they do and pay off that
*consider their holidays are different from ours (13th month = extra months pay)

Bestjobs.ph (search resume, location nationwide, keyword (Wordpress), pulls up resumes, click on it to check out and see basic info, salary is monthly (the k is phil money) stay away from Manilla. Davaos is good Ceebo is good.

*to get around the access problem. Go to getafreelancer.com put in a bid for someone in phil to do some tasks (set up account with bestjobs.ph, do some research …. A few jobs) 100$ for 3 months for bestjobs.ph, get login and password from person and after log in

*find resume you like email them and ask what they have for computer internet access, confirm location, availability…if you like pick a starting amount give task with time limit (if not right let go!!) check out their work and if its good offer them work with a independent contract for hire agreement….

*dont worry paying for about trial work by job candidates….
*send agreement they get paid this amount they are independent contractors,
*xoom.com- payment program (free account!!!) Pick country and send money ($9 about charge when sending money, depends on amount for transfer)
*if ppl pick range we offer the amount even if its lower than the amount they want
*GOAL: get own team of people
*Don’t give whole picture of things you are doing. For example, they don’t have direct access to clients

Hiremymom.com (very personal follow up ppl sendoutcards.com)
*free to put up post
*Got 30-50 replies from his listing
*go through and pick out best ppl
*get ppl with specific skills!
*start out pay is at least $10 /hr (10-20hrs)

Tools & Systems for project management
-dotproject.net
-basecamp.com (i use this)
-googledocs (i use this)
-Jingproject.com (i use this)
-Skype (i use this)
I use projectpier for OS proj managment, don't like dotproject.

Jeff’s Trafficmills video was done by Mlm flash video Gil Jiminez for 1600.
Jeff was quoted at 25k from Mike Koenings of Traffic Geyser for same video

The 12 Essential Steps to Organic Traffic

1. keyword research
2. article writing
3. article marketing
4. PR writing
5. PR release marketing
6. hub pages
7. squidoo pages
8. blog
9. video
10. audio/podcast