Outsourcing Workshop in ATL May 2009
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a Response!

Go down

What a Response! Empty What a Response!

Post  michaelcr Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:03 pm

Two nights ago I posted an ad for the part-time Assistance Project Manager on Craigslist for the Atlanta area ($25!), since I wanted a face-to-face person I could deal with. I gave all the particulars Jeff and Henry taught and mentioned there would be other "hats" to wear from time to time.

Wow! The next morning I had 25 Resumes and by noon another 20 more! I canceled the ad and proceeded to spend the rest of the day sorting through the stack (I also called a CEO friend of mine who gave me his technique for doing this: "Stand at the top of the steps and throw the Resumes in the air. The one that lands the farthest gets the job!")

I finally paired it down to the 8's and 9's on the list (out of a possible 10) and send nice thank you's to the rest. There were 12 top contenders, 10 of which had credentials off the charts. I sent them all a nice e-mail asking for their career goals, and explaining that I was a small start-up company and gave my website for them to check out.

I figure those who follow through and resonate with me will be the ones I want to have coffee with at Starbucks and find "the one" who can get me to the next level the quickest.

If there is anyone in Atlanta who wants an Assistant PM, save your $25 and give me a call at 404-786-1588 (cell). I'll be happy to send over the ones I can't hire. cheers
michaelcr
michaelcr

http://www.logicalsoul.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum